The Tabor Castle is situated at the foot of Hum.
It is believed to have been built in the 11th century, yet the first description of the castle dates back to 1270. The castle was used as the administrative seat of the local aristocracy and a court of justice. For many years it was pledged to the famous counts of Cilli, who used it as a hunting base. It was named Tabor (Camp) for the role it played in the defence against Turkish invaders.
Starting point A7 - Trail to the peak of Hum.